If you love the idea of a weeping willow in your garden but have a smaller space, the Betula pendula ‘Youngii’ is the perfect tree. It will delight with its drooping branches that can sweep as low as the ground, forming an attractive display.
- Betula pendula ‘Youngii
- Common name: Young’s Weeping Birch Tree
- Supplied height: 5-6ft in a pot
- Characteristics: Medium sized tree with finely flaking pinkish-brown bark.
- Flowering: Long male catkins in March.
- Supplied Height: 5-6ft in pot
- Height and Spread in 20 years: 12m / 5m.
- Hardiness and Best Position: Fully hardy. Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any good garden soil.
The Silver Birch tree is probably one of the most well-known trees in the world. Betula Pendula or Silver Birch has delightful fresh lush green foliage on slightly arching branches.
- Height: 6-7ft tall
- Pot: 10 litre
- Easy to grow Betula Pendula tree
- Deciduous tree
- Juniperus Squamata, Juniper Conifer
- A low spreading conifer with silver-blue leaves
- Max Height 30cm
- Max Spread 1.5m to 2m
- Hardy and evergreen
- Back-fill with soil mixed with peat substitute and a suitable fertiliser
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Atropurpurea’ (Purple Beech)
- Hardy & Deciduous
- Grown with care by Plant Specialists
- 15cm Pot Size – Plant size varies according to the time of year.
The Purple Beech is a large tree with light red leaves in spring turning dark purple. Max Height 18m. Max Spread 7m to 10m. Full sun/partial shade. Hardy. Back-fill with soil mixed with peat substitute and a suitable fertiliser.£19.99
- Common Name: Hornbeam
- Latin Name: Carpinus Betulus
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Exposure: Full sun, Partial shade
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Soil type: Well-drained/light, Clay/heavy, Chalky/alkaline
- Height: 2500cm Spread: 2000cm
- Time to plant seeds: October to November
- 15 Hornbeam / Carpinus Betulus Plants 2-3ft Tall In 1L Pots
- The insect and bug hotel is designed for different insects. Depending on the habits of the insect such as bees, ladybirds or ladybirds, various natural materials such as pinewood, pine cones or bamboo anchors in different compartments.
- The hotel is made of the board with an environmentally friendly coating, which is more stable and durable than fir wood or pine wood. It is not easy to eat or break, even when it is in the sun and rain.
- The insect hotel is cleanly processed, no splinters or sharp edges.
- Using the practical hanging device, you can easily hang the insect hotel on a wall and a fence in your garden.
- Dimensions: approx. 27 x 10 x 37 cm (W x D x H).
- Natural brushwood hogitat
- Strong wire framework
- Well camouflaged
- Shelter or winter home for a hedgehog
Natural brushwood and moss for added camouflage, this hogitat (hedgehog habitat) provide the ideal place for hedgehogs to shelter or hibernate for the winter.£19.99
- Egeria Densa dense water weed common name pond weed, this is one of the best growers and there is no issue with cultivation. Home is southeast Brazil and Argentina. The dense variety displays extremely thick compact leaf growth along the stem, excellent oxygenator and is currently used within education for photosynthesis experiments. Grows well in ponds and aquariums.
- Area/Height: Background 60-80cm CO2: 10-20mg/l
- Light/Temperature: high-medium / 1-28 degrees C
- Growth/PH: very fast / 5-9 Water hardness: soft to very hard
- Reduces Blanketweed And green water – Not shrimp safe 5 strands in ceramic
- Tree Height: 5-6ft as supplied
- Betula jacquemontii, 5-6ft Single Stem Himalayan Birch Tree
- Characteristics: Tall tree with distinctive white bark and contrasting dark green leaves.
- Flowering: Yellow catkins in April to May.
- Height and Spread: 9m / 4m. Grows to a tall, upright tree with a fine architectural shape.
- Hardiness and Best Position: Fully hardy. Full sun to part shade.
- Tree Height: 5-6ft as supplied
The Trachycarpus forunei palm tree is a tough, fan-shaped green leaf on a long woody trunk, formed over time.
- Supplied as an established potted plant, already approximately 60-70 cm tall
- Hardy to at least -10 Celsius
- 60-70 cm tall
- 1 x Trachycarpus palm tree
The Trachycarpus forunei is one of the hardiest palm trees you can get easily surviving past -10C so it is ideal for growing in the variable British climate! With its deep-green, tough, fan-shaped leaves producing wonderful shadows on your patio or lawn, this exotic beauty will be a brilliant centerpiece wherever you decide to plant it. It is slow-growing and compact ideal for a large patio pot, or alternatively you could plant it directly in the ground in a sunny spot. Simply cut off the leaves when they turn brown and over time, an upright, woody, fibrous trunk is formed. Trachycarpus will grow around 5-10cm a year.£29.99
- Pair of these tropical Palm Trees (2 x Phoenix canariensis) to your garden to create a real holiday feel for many years.
- Their unique architectural shape and spectacular foliage add an instant dramatic impact to any garden.
- Despite their tropical origins, these exotic plants thrive in the UK and are winter hardy to -6.
- They love a sunny position and are perfect for patio pots.
- Supplied as a pair of mature potted plants, approx 70-80cm tall in 15cm diameter pots.
Buy Blue Spruce Trees – Picea pungens trees online. Blue Spruce trees for sale. Picea pungens seedlings available for planting now. Order Picea pungens saplings for quick UK delivery.
An attractive classic evergreen, The Blue Spruce (Picea pungens) tree is a beautiful cylindrical pine with blue-green needles. Commonly seen as an ornamental tree in parks and gardens across the UK. The Blue Spruce is a fast-growing tree reaching 10ft-15ft in 15 years and it produces attractive pine cones. The Blue Spruce can be grown in dry, wet, exposed and shady sites.
The current height of the trees is approximately 10-20cm and they can be planted out all year round.
- Plant in shady, dry, wet and exposed locations
- Likes most soil types
- Popular garden, forestry and outdoor Christmas tree
- Native to the Western USA
- Camellia Plants are stunning low-maintenance hardy shrubs that present impressively large semi-double blooms often in vibrant colours which are complemented very well by the plant’s glossy dark green foliage. Easy to grow your own.
- The Camellia tricolour Plant is the result of a unique growing concept of planting 3 different coloured camellias close together so that once they grow; they give the illusion of a single camellia plant baring 3 different flower colours. Really showy plants for the garden border.
- Camellia Plants are brilliant plants for an outdoor acidic border but can also look spectacular as a specimen plant in a large container of edacious compost; the flowers can also even be cut for a vase to give you that extra colour inside the home. Perfect gardening gifts for a gardener.
- Colourful garden Shrub camellia flowers; supplied as 1 x Camellia Tricolour plant in a 15 cm pot.
- The Cotinus Coggygria Royal Purple is an RHS Award of Garden Merit winner. Royal Purple comes alive in Autumn with a vibrant purple.
- Bushy large deciduous shrub with rounded, deep purple leaves turning to vibrant crimsons and reds in autumn.
- Small fawn of coloured flowers in plumes produced in great profusion, later turning light grey
- The original Cotinus coggygria was introduced to the Uk around 1665 from the far east.
- A hardy, deciduous, selected form, the origination of which appears unknown. Easy to grow in almost any soil and a full sun or semi-shade location.
- Makes an impressive hedge with superb vibrant autumn purple colour
Order Evergreen Oak – Quercus ilex trees online. Evergreen Oak trees for sale. Quercus ilex seedlings are available for planting now. Buy Quercus ilex saplings for quick UK delivery.
Also known as Holm Oak, the Evergreen Oak tree can grow into a fine specimen tree holding it’s small pretty leaves year-round.
Evergreen Oak is tolerant of salt-laden winds so it will grow in exposed coastal sites and estuaries. Its leaves are adapted to withstand hot dry summers. It does not like heavy clay soils.
If clipped back hard it can be used as a hedge and makes beautiful topiary lollipop type trees quite at home in a parterre or formal garden.
The current height of these trees is approximately 15-30cm and they can be planted out all year round.£104.95
Hazel Trees – Corylus avellana trees online. Hazelnut Hazel trees for sale. Corylus avellana seedlings are available for planting now.
The Hazel (Corylus avellana) tree is a popular hedgerow and woodland plant. The Hazel or Cobnut tree is a small-sized bushy tree. Attractive leaves and popular for its Easter catkins. The Hazel tree produces an edible kernel. A perfect tree for coppicing and as a supply of fuel for sustainable burning.
In folklore, the Hazel is often found at the border between the worlds where magical things may be found! The Celts believed hazel nuts gave wisdom and inspiration.
The current height of these Hazel trees is approximately 30-50cm and they can be planted out all year round. Buy Corylus avellana saplings for quick UK delivery.£19.85
The Silver Birch (Betula pendula) is a very popular and easily recognizable tree with its silvery-white bark. The Silver Birch tree is native to much of England, Scotland and Wales. It is one of the faster growing and establishing deciduous trees reaching a reasonable height within 10 years. They can grow up to 25m. In Scottish folklore, a barren cow, herded with a birch stick, would then fall pregnant bearing a healthy calf.
The Silver Birch is particularly hardy in damp areas. Known as the “lady of the woods” with fine silvery bark and catkins in spring with fine green leaves in summer which turns a pretty yellow in autumn. Flourishes in both wet and dry and exposed areas.
The current height of these trees is approximately 30-50cm and they can be planted out all year round.£8.95
- Architectural tree with stunning variegated foliage perfect for small gardens
- Most species of willow are native to the UK, and the species that aren’t are from far colder regions, so the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Willow trees benefit from being planted in full sun. Planting your tree in a sheltered spot will allow the tree to put more resources into flowering.
- Key is to regularly water newly-planted trees, at least bimonthly for two months. It is also important to ensure you choose a location where your tree has enough space, which you can calculate from a variety’s eventual height and spread.
- All trees arrive in a specially made, extra thick, cardboard box with a clamp to hold the pot in place at the bottom of the box. This prevents any movement during transit, keeping your plant safe.
Hedging Plants & Shrubs
Transform your garden or green space with hedging. Hedging plants help to clean the air by soaking up C02 (carbon dioxide). Hedges are for more environmentally friendly than traditional fencing and fence panels. Not to mention hedges can withstand heavy winds caused by storms. They also act very well as privacy screens from nosey neighbours.
Ornamental Evergreen Shrubs
Mix it up by planting hardy ornamental evergreen shrubs along your hedgerows. Many shrub plants last across the seasons meaning you can add style to your garden that friends and family will comment on with praise. Sprinkle in hardy grass plants and you’re difficulty going to find pleasure and gratification from a unique green space.
Popular Hedging and Shrubs
Popular types of hedging plants are Buxus Sempervirens, Fagus Sylvatica, and very popular and fast-growing Ligustrum
Buy trees for gardens, communal green spaces, and parks. We’ve got fruit trees, citrus trees, flowering trees, trees for shade, azalea japonica trees, and exotic trees from far-flung places. Bring a garden a to life, a tree life.