If you love the idea of a weeping willow in your garden but have a smaller space, the Betula pendula ‘Youngii’ is the perfect tree. It will delight with its drooping branches that can sweep as low as the ground, forming an attractive display.
- Betula pendula ‘Youngii
- Common name: Young’s Weeping Birch Tree
- Supplied height: 5-6ft in a pot
- Characteristics: Medium sized tree with finely flaking pinkish-brown bark.
- Flowering: Long male catkins in March.
- Supplied Height: 5-6ft in pot
- Height and Spread in 20 years: 12m / 5m.
- Hardiness and Best Position: Fully hardy. Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any good garden soil.
The Silver Birch tree is probably one of the most well-known trees in the world. Betula Pendula or Silver Birch has delightful fresh lush green foliage on slightly arching branches.
- Height: 6-7ft tall
- Pot: 10 litre
- Easy to grow Betula Pendula tree
- Deciduous tree
- Tree Height: 5-6ft as supplied
- Betula jacquemontii, 5-6ft Single Stem Himalayan Birch Tree
- Characteristics: Tall tree with distinctive white bark and contrasting dark green leaves.
- Flowering: Yellow catkins in April to May.
- Height and Spread: 9m / 4m. Grows to a tall, upright tree with a fine architectural shape.
- Hardiness and Best Position: Fully hardy. Full sun to part shade.
- Tree Height: 5-6ft as supplied
The Trachycarpus forunei palm tree is a tough, fan-shaped green leaf on a long woody trunk, formed over time.
- Supplied as an established potted plant, already approximately 60-70 cm tall
- Hardy to at least -10 Celsius
- 60-70 cm tall
- 1 x Trachycarpus palm tree
The Trachycarpus forunei is one of the hardiest palm trees you can get easily surviving past -10C so it is ideal for growing in the variable British climate! With its deep-green, tough, fan-shaped leaves producing wonderful shadows on your patio or lawn, this exotic beauty will be a brilliant centerpiece wherever you decide to plant it. It is slow-growing and compact ideal for a large patio pot, or alternatively you could plant it directly in the ground in a sunny spot. Simply cut off the leaves when they turn brown and over time, an upright, woody, fibrous trunk is formed. Trachycarpus will grow around 5-10cm a year.£29.99
- Pair of these tropical Palm Trees (2 x Phoenix canariensis) to your garden to create a real holiday feel for many years.
- Their unique architectural shape and spectacular foliage add an instant dramatic impact to any garden.
- Despite their tropical origins, these exotic plants thrive in the UK and are winter hardy to -6.
- They love a sunny position and are perfect for patio pots.
- Supplied as a pair of mature potted plants, approx 70-80cm tall in 15cm diameter pots.
Buy Blue Spruce Trees – Picea pungens trees online. Blue Spruce trees for sale. Picea pungens seedlings available for planting now. Order Picea pungens saplings for quick UK delivery.
An attractive classic evergreen, The Blue Spruce (Picea pungens) tree is a beautiful cylindrical pine with blue-green needles. Commonly seen as an ornamental tree in parks and gardens across the UK. The Blue Spruce is a fast-growing tree reaching 10ft-15ft in 15 years and it produces attractive pine cones. The Blue Spruce can be grown in dry, wet, exposed and shady sites.
The current height of the trees is approximately 10-20cm and they can be planted out all year round.
- Plant in shady, dry, wet and exposed locations
- Likes most soil types
- Popular garden, forestry and outdoor Christmas tree
- Native to the Western USA
Order Evergreen Oak – Quercus ilex trees online. Evergreen Oak trees for sale. Quercus ilex seedlings are available for planting now. Buy Quercus ilex saplings for quick UK delivery.
Also known as Holm Oak, the Evergreen Oak tree can grow into a fine specimen tree holding it’s small pretty leaves year-round.
Evergreen Oak is tolerant of salt-laden winds so it will grow in exposed coastal sites and estuaries. Its leaves are adapted to withstand hot dry summers. It does not like heavy clay soils.
If clipped back hard it can be used as a hedge and makes beautiful topiary lollipop type trees quite at home in a parterre or formal garden.
The current height of these trees is approximately 15-30cm and they can be planted out all year round.£104.95
Hazel Trees – Corylus avellana trees online. Hazelnut Hazel trees for sale. Corylus avellana seedlings are available for planting now.
The Hazel (Corylus avellana) tree is a popular hedgerow and woodland plant. The Hazel or Cobnut tree is a small-sized bushy tree. Attractive leaves and popular for its Easter catkins. The Hazel tree produces an edible kernel. A perfect tree for coppicing and as a supply of fuel for sustainable burning.
In folklore, the Hazel is often found at the border between the worlds where magical things may be found! The Celts believed hazel nuts gave wisdom and inspiration.
The current height of these Hazel trees is approximately 30-50cm and they can be planted out all year round. Buy Corylus avellana saplings for quick UK delivery.£19.85
The Silver Birch (Betula pendula) is a very popular and easily recognizable tree with its silvery-white bark. The Silver Birch tree is native to much of England, Scotland and Wales. It is one of the faster growing and establishing deciduous trees reaching a reasonable height within 10 years. They can grow up to 25m. In Scottish folklore, a barren cow, herded with a birch stick, would then fall pregnant bearing a healthy calf.
The Silver Birch is particularly hardy in damp areas. Known as the “lady of the woods” with fine silvery bark and catkins in spring with fine green leaves in summer which turns a pretty yellow in autumn. Flourishes in both wet and dry and exposed areas.
The current height of these trees is approximately 30-50cm and they can be planted out all year round.£8.95
- Architectural tree with stunning variegated foliage perfect for small gardens
- Most species of willow are native to the UK, and the species that aren’t are from far colder regions, so the UK’s mild winters will not affect your tree.
- Willow trees benefit from being planted in full sun. Planting your tree in a sheltered spot will allow the tree to put more resources into flowering.
- Key is to regularly water newly-planted trees, at least bimonthly for two months. It is also important to ensure you choose a location where your tree has enough space, which you can calculate from a variety’s eventual height and spread.
- All trees arrive in a specially made, extra thick, cardboard box with a clamp to hold the pot in place at the bottom of the box. This prevents any movement during transit, keeping your plant safe.
- Blackthorn Hedging Trees (Prunus spinosa) x 15
- Plant in wet, dry, upland and exposed sites
- Likes poor and heavy soils
- Common hedge plant in British Isles
- Attracts wildlife
The Blackthorn (Prunus spinosa) is native throughout the British Isles and grows to around 4m if left uncut. The white flowers appear in early spring before coming into leaf, standing out against the black twigs. Blackthorn spreads with suckers and has strong thorns so is often used in hedging to create a stronger barrier. In folklore, Blackthorn has a sinister reputation often associated with witchcraft.
Many birds nest among its branches and the fruit, sloes, are made into jam, wine and used for flavouring gin. The current height of the trees is approximately 30-50cm and they can be planted out all year round.
RHS Perfect for Pollinators in Spring. • Plant in wet, dry, upland and exposed sites • Likes poor and heavy soils • Common hedge plant in the British Isles • Attracts wildlife£35.49
- This is a fantastic, magnificent 5-6ft tall tree delivered in beautiful bud and bursting in to bloom in season.
- The double flowering cherry-almond blooms in April and May, it originates from the far east where it is famed as a herald of Spring.
- It is a dwarf compact tree that can grow upto 3 metres (10ft) tall, but is easily maintained at half that height if required.
- The tree also displays outstanding yellow-bronze autumn colour.
Bring a garden to life, plant a tree
Let’s face it without trees in our lives, we wouldn’t have a life at all. They carbon-absorbing sentient beings that without them, they’d be little oxygen to fill our lungs with. Tree’s help to tackle the climate crisis too, and that is why you should buy some trees for your garden, estate or even your roof garden. Do the sensible thing, buy some trees for your back yard. You’ll be doing your bit to secure the future of our children.
Buy trees for your garden, community green spaces and parks. We’ve got fruit tree, citrus trees, flowering trees, deciduous, oak trees, pine, teak, horse chestnut, gum and palm trees. Trees for shade, exotic trees from far-flung places.