Stipa Tenuissima | Pony Tails Ornamental Grass Plant
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- These seed and flower heads move delightfully in the breeze, creating a ‘wave’ effect which is charming.
- Stipa tenuissima ‘Pony Tails’, which is also known as Nassella tenuissima, is very easy to grow.
- Just needs a gentle raking during spring in order to remove the previous year’s stems.
- Place it in a sunny, dry position. This ornamental grass doesn’t like to sit in wet, boggy soil.
- It will produce fine, abundant foliage to a height of approximately 60cm.
- Looks good with herbaceous perennials.
- Also looks good in pots and containers.
- Sold in a 17cm pot.